- KCII Radio - http://kciiradio.com -
Digital Photo Hunt in Area Parks
Posted By News On @ 6:26 am In Today's Local News | Comments Disabled
A digital treasure hunt is part of the Washington County Conservation Board’s 50th anniversary celebration. The event requires participants to take a photo of a family member or themselves at eight specific locations in various parks across the county. The board then asks participants to submit their photos at the conservation center at Marr Park to be entered into a prize drawing. The prizes include a week of camping, a lodge rental and a shelter 1 rental, which are valid through 2014.
The required parks and images are listed below:
1. Marr Park – snake hibernaculum
2. Brinton Timber – bridge crossing first creek, at end of Grandfather Trail
3. Foster Woods – naming rock
4. Clemons Creek Wildlife and Recreation Area – large marsh
5. Sockum Ridge – pond
6. Hayes Timber – wooden carved entrance sign
7. Kewash Trail – Crooked Creek bridge
8. Schmitter Heritage Area – view from the crest of the trail head at beginning of the park, at the end of the access trail
The rules are:
1. All photos must include at least one member of the family. Photos may be self portraits.
2. Photos may be submitted by print, digitally (flashdrive/CD/e-mail) or shown via camera/cell phone.
3. Submissions may be received during open hours of the Conservation Education Center.
4. One entry per family.
5. Deadline for submission is August 1. Winners will be drawn and announced at the August board meeting.
6. All participating children will receive a Park Pal sticker.
7. The Washington County Conservation Board reserves the right to display winners’ photos and other contest images.
8. Board members, staff, and their families are ineligible for the drawing.
Article printed from KCII Radio: http://kciiradio.com
URL to article: http://kciiradio.com/2013/04/digital-photo-hunt-in-area-parks/
Copyright © 2005-2013 KCII Radio