- KCII Radio - http://kciiradio.com -

Parkview Executes Fire Drill after Electrical Short

Posted By News On @ 6:23 am In Today's Local News | Comments Disabled

An electrical heater caused a scare at Parkview of Wellman yesterday. According to administrator at Parkview, Clifford McFerren, the thermostat on a small ceiling heater shorted around 12:45 yesterday.

He says when it started smoking, staff called 911, turned off the power, evacuated the wing the heater was in and were able to put it out before Wellman Fire arrived. He says he’s proud of how his staff reacted and says it was a good way to practice their fire drill.

Joe Redlinger with the Washington Fire Department says it’s a good idea to have a fire drill or plan of action in place at home and at the office.

Print Friendly [1]

No related posts.

Article printed from KCII Radio: http://kciiradio.com

URL to article: http://kciiradio.com/2012/12/parkview-executes-fire-drill-after-electrical-short/

URLs in this post:

[1] Image: http://www.printfriendly.com/print?url=http://kciiradio.com/2012/12/parkview-executes-fire-drill-after-electrical-short/

Copyright © 2005-2013 KCII Radio