- KCII Radio - http://kciiradio.com -
Evacuation at Junior High School Yesterday Morning
Posted By News On @ 6:29 am In Today's Local News | Comments Disabled
Students at the Washington Junior High School had an unexpected break from class yesterday morning. Superintendent Dr. Mike Jorgensen says a carbon monoxide detector sounded in one of the classrooms in the Consumer Science area alerting the principal to evacuate the building.
Dr. Jorgensen says the students went to the Halcyon House while the Washington Fire Department and crews from Alliant Energy worked to determine the cause which was a malfunction in an exhaust fan.
He notes the carbon monoxide levels were never at a danger level, but the evacuation was done as a precautionary measure. The students returned to class about an hour after leaving the building.
No related posts.
Article printed from KCII Radio: http://kciiradio.com
URL to article: http://kciiradio.com/2012/05/evacuation-at-junior-high-school-yesterday-morning/
URLs in this post:
 Image: http://www.printfriendly.com/print?url=http://kciiradio.com/2012/05/evacuation-at-junior-high-school-yesterday-morning/
Copyright © 2005-2013 KCII Radio