- KCII Radio - http://kciiradio.com -

Fire in Rural Kalona Destroys Shed and Car

Posted By Community On @ 7:54 am In Homepage, Today's Local News | Comments Disabled

[1]

Around 7:15 this morning, the Washington County Safety Center received a report of a fire at 2196 140th Street, the Simon Nisly residence.  

[2]
[3]
[4]
[5]

Kalona Fire Chief Steve Yotty said the cause of the fire was from a malfunction in a heat lamp in the shed being used to keep the family’s dogs warm. He says the dogs were able to escape the building unharmed, but the shed is a total loss.The fire also spread to a nearby parked vehicle and is a total loss as well. Those responding to the scene were the Kalona Fire Department and the Washington County Sheriff’s Office.

Print Friendly [6]

No related posts.


Article printed from KCII Radio: http://kciiradio.com

URL to article: http://kciiradio.com/2012/01/breaking-news-fire-in-rural-kalona/

URLs in this post:

[1] Image: http://lh3.ggpht.com/-WJ14-nJoV8c/TxLiyx2NjvI/AAAAAAAAMmY/7Iia6A_uVKs/Rural%252520Kalona%252520Shed%252520Fire%252520011512%252520005.jpg?imgmax=640

[2] Image: http://lh5.ggpht.com/-L2kMI0wC0zs/TxLizEZOZWI/AAAAAAAAMmg/DR7eS_yHwLk/Rural%252520Kalona%252520Shed%252520Fire%252520011512%252520003.jpg?imgmax=640

[3] Image: http://lh6.ggpht.com/-XvZFLNUAOoA/TxLizdRW8cI/AAAAAAAAMmk/mioNc290kCA/Rural%252520Kalona%252520Shed%252520Fire%252520011512%252520004.jpg?imgmax=640

[4] Image: http://lh4.ggpht.com/-D39xxWvi4xk/TxLi4f-U0SI/AAAAAAAAMmw/_EvFgpJyyFo/Rural%252520Kalona%252520Shed%252520Fire%252520011512%252520006.jpg?imgmax=640

[5] Image: http://lh4.ggpht.com/-tJlvtYNIDew/TxLi4anAHkI/AAAAAAAAMm4/ygiw6oUi0rY/Rural%252520Kalona%252520Shed%252520Fire%252520011512%252520007.jpg?imgmax=640

[6] Image: http://www.printfriendly.com/print?url=http://kciiradio.com/2012/01/breaking-news-fire-in-rural-kalona/

Copyright © 2005-2013 KCII Radio